Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at with our writing projects—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. ~RSW hosts,
Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, & Elodie Nowodazki
Y'all. THIS IS MY FAVORITE THING FOR SUMMER WRITING. If you're a writer--at any place in your career--you should join us. (It's never too late to jump in.) If you're a reader, stop by on Mondays to keep me accountable with my projects, and find some other fun writers while you're here.
Wanna know all the deets? Check out any one of the hosts' posts (lol rhyme) about it! (And Jaime's post has a selection of graphics to browse!) But today is a day to set goals, so let's get down to mine:
2. Finish drafting my romantic suspense (RS) novel. Decide on a title. Revise the book. Send to CPs. Start getting query-ready. (Yep, I think I'm going to attempt going a traditional route with this one... Maybe.)
3. Begin drafting Summer Love #4
3. Attend--and have a fucking awesome time at--RWA National Conference in July (Also: Try my absolute hardest not to stalk Nora Roberts and have a complete breakdown if I get to meet her. Aka the reason I will *always* write romance.)
4. Beta for my CPs as needed.
5. Take my daughter someplace fun at least once a week.
6. Get--and keep--a tan. (Starting in July)
This Week's Goals:1. Get up at 5:30 every weekday to work for a couple hours before the peanut wakes up.
2. Continue researching for--and add 5-10k to--RS.
3. Beta for Elodie!
4. Take my daughter someplace fun!
Okay, that's it. Lots lined up for the summer and I'm excited for every bit of it! What are YOUR summer goals?